Dr. Adolph Brown, III affectionately known as "Doc Brown" without a doubt, offers the most uniquely inspiring, relevant, hilarious, and entertaining yet profoundly challenging master classes and presentations around. He is an American businessman, mental health & parenting expert, clinical psychologist, investor, author, master teacher, urban and rural school educator, research-scientist, and keynote speaker. He is a servant-leader at heart, a life-long mental health & safes spaces advocate, a renowned parent/family television host and career teacher educator. He is admired around the world for his simple and direct “Real Talk,” and powerful, universal and timeless teachings. Dr. Brown is one of the world's most trusted mental health, parenting, and relationship experts. Over the past three decades, he has helped innumerable families and couples with his master classes and books about rearing children and maintaining healthy adult relationships. Dr. Brown has the track record to prove his techniques work. For over 30 years as a well-respected research-practitioner and academician, Dr. Brown has researched, field-tested, and implemented a set of concrete strategies used to support and enhance schools and businesses around the world. Dr. Brown is best known for inspiring and enlightening all who hear him to learn, laugh and lead. He is also the leading provider of psychological safety training in business and education. He is highly regarded as the "balcony" leadership advisor, and highly skilled peak performance coach who gets you from where you are to where you want to be while having the most fun ever. Also as a credentialed Master Teacher, he helps teachers reach every student. As a much sought-after and highly effective safe spaces keynote speaker, Dr. Brown skillfully addresses the impact of stereotypes. He credits much of his success to the luxury of humble beginnings of being reared by a single parent mother in abject poverty of the inner city housing projects infested with gangs, drugs and violence. His oldest sibling and only brother Oscar was murdered when Adolph was only eleven years old. Young Adolph often received a respite when he was sent to spend summers with his grandfather in rural farming country, and when he was sent to the library for time-outs in elementary school. Adolph became the first in his family of five to participate in Head Start, graduate high school, and attend college.
Doc Brown's Bio Milestones:
- Dr. Adolph Brown "Started From The Bottom," now...
- Founder of one of the most "in demand" business & education consultation firms in the United States
- President of the Business & Education Leadership Authority/Leadership & Learning Institute
- Founder, Doc Brown Productions
- Principal, Brown Commercial Capital & Commercial Real Estate Holdings
- Retired University Tenured Full Professor, Chairperson & Dean - Hampton University
- Distinguished Visiting President's Professor at Livingstone University (Dr. Jimmy Jenkins)
- Philanthropist & sits on a myriad of local and national Boards and Advisory Groups
- Bank of America Advisory Board Member
- SAG-AFTRA Member Broadcast/Entertainment
- Co-Host, Parent Expert, & Moderator of "The Parent Test" on ABC
- Executive & Celebrity Peak Performance Coach
- Co-Developer of the Educational Collaborative "Stay Up While You're Out!" established to serve at-risk students whose needs were not met in traditional school or alternative education settings
- E.L. Hamm Master Teacher Award for Distinguished Teaching
- Awarded Best Corporate Social Responsibility & Best Customer Focus
- Awarded "The Arkansas Traveler Award" by Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee
- Awarded numerous 'Keys to the City' in the U.S. and abroad
- Awarded Black History Month Legacy Award as a Leading Innovator in Business & Education
- Awarded Service-Learning Fellow
- Model University Tenure Dossier, Hampton University and Lincoln University
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefer for First Responders
- Former Chief Resident of Internship Training in Clinical Psychology at Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS)
- Former Managed Care Senior Vice-President Project Manager
- Former Certified Nurse's Aide (CTE) at Eastern State (Psychiatric) Hospital
- Youngest Tenured Full Professor in the United States at the age of 29
- Clinical Psychologist (Child, Family, & Marriage)
- Renowned Parent/Family Coach & Teacher Educator
- News Media Consultant (ABC News, NBC News, CBS News, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC News, & More)
- Expert Media Personality (The Doctors, Dr. Drew, PBS, BET, & More)
- Former President of the Virginia Association of Black Psychologists
- Former President of the Virginia Head Start Association
- Former Special Education Teacher/Personnel, Alternative Education Teacher & Administrative Intern
- Former Advisory Board Vice-Chair for Gifted Education
- Former Faculty for the National Council of Juvenile & Family Court Judges
- Former Scholar-in-Residence, NYU
- Former Regent University Faculty
- Former Tidewater Community College Faculty
- Former Head Start Program Reviewer
- Former Graduate Teaching & Research Assistant at the College of William and Mary
- Former College Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) Cadet
- Inducted into the United States Martial Arts Hall of Fame
- Master Instructor of the Year 2002, Virginia World Black Belt Martial Arts Hall of Fame
- Depicted as Professor B (a scientific genius, advisor & mentor) in the comic book series "The Real Adventures of Captain 85"
- "The Love Doctor" On-Air Personality HOT 95.7 R&B
- Author, Co-author & Reviewer of numerous research publications, academic texts and books
- Recipient of over 300 teaching, research and servant-leadership awards and honors
- Proud Product of Head Start & Public Education
After considerable corporate and entrepreneurial success, Dr. Brown followed his own dream of being "Good Medicine" for the world by sharing good science, good practice, and good news. Nowadays as a Master Teacher, Dr. Adolph Brown shines in the classroom, in research and on the big stage. He is in the top 1% of world-class scholar teachers based on peer-reviews, nominations, teaching performance, teaching awards, published evaluations and ratings from American’s best schools, colleges and universities. He is recognized as one of the top 10 most influential thought leaders in America. Although he does not consider himself a motivational speaker, he was selected as one of the top motivational and inspirational speakers in America as well. Dr. Adolph Brown is one of the world’s foremost attitude experts, personal development coaches and humorists. His reputation as "The World's Greatest Edu-tainer!™" is always memorable and has won him fans around the world.
Dr. Brown is the author of acclaimed books, including the international mental wellness best seller, Two Backpacks. Other best sellers authored by Dr. Brown include a business soft skills classic - Championship Habits; and the education classic - Real Talk. He is also the co-author with his third grade teacher of a children's book, It's Gonna Be A Great Day! for youth. His trainings have withstood the test of time with audiences all over the world and he is still extremely passionate and committed to helping others "Learn, Laugh & Lead' in all walks of life while spreading “Love, Light and Insight” wherever he goes. These tour de force performances helped establish him as a sterling international stage presence.
His accessible, affable personality and his broad and infectious smile endears him to fans the world over. From Brazil to Toronto, from Cancun to Singapore, from the Virgin Islands to Africa, millions of people and countless business, corporate, early childhood, K-12 primary and secondary education, higher education campus, and family and community engagement clients throughout the world have personally experienced the "Wow" of Dr. Brown’s quiet charisma, profound insight & knowledge base and energetic introverted personality. He dynamically engages, educates and inspires his audiences from all walks of life. His bridge-building approach is brilliant with a massive power to embrace and bring great hope to the world. His keynotes, lectures and seminars transcend all differences – political, religious, socio-economic, philosophical, gender, lifestyle, generational, etc.
His client list from headlining both live and virtual events reads like a Who's Who of Corporate America and the Educational Arena. Numerous clients exclaim that they wish there was a way that everyone in the world could hear Dr. Adolph Brown, III. Many also say he’s the best they have ever seen. "I don't think we will see a second to him in our lifetime," said meeting planner and promoter Michael Collins describing Dr. Brown as "the change agent of our day, who is thoughtful, funny, bold, smart, charismatic, astute and charming, a crowd-pleaser wherever he goes." Dr. Brown remains humble and grateful for his journey. He is most proud to be the husband of Marla and father of eight uniquely beautiful human beings including a special needs daughter and three grandchildren.
Following in the footsteps of his psychology role model, Dr. Kenneth Bancroft Clark (July 14, 1914 – May 1, 2005), Dr. Brown has earned undergraduate degrees from the College of William and Mary in anthropology and psychology with a minor in education, master's degree work in special education and experimental psychology, and a doctorate degree in clinical psychology from the Virginia Consortium for Professional Psychology hosted by Eastern Virginia Medical School, the College of William and Mary, Norfolk State University, and Old Dominion University. Whilst having a strong economic presence in his community with several established businesses, Dr. Adolph Brown, III worked as an anthropology undergraduate assistant for the late Dr. Mario Zamora, worked as a special education graduate assistant for Dr. Dennis Wade and as a statistics research graduate assistant for the late Dr. Ellen F. Rosen at the College of William and Mary. Before joining the psychology/education faculty at Hampton University, Dr. Brown became one of the initial major investigators of “The School To Prison Pipeline” paradigm and received the First Annual Francine Kee Peterson Memorial Scholarship for Social Justice Advocacy from his education role model, social activist Geoffrey Canada of the documentary “Waiting for ‘Superman.’” While at Hampton University, Dr. Brown was selected to be a “Scholar in Residence” at NYU, nationally awarded “Service-Learning Fellow,” and earned the highest distinction given by the President, Provost and Board of Trustees of the prestigious “E.L. Hamm Master Teacher Award for Distinguished Teaching” as a result of having a sustained record of recognized teaching excellence. Based on his record of teaching and research excellence in education, mental health, parenting, child development, and servant leadership, Dr. Adolph Brown was appointed chairperson of his department, earned the promotion as a tenured full professor and was also the dean of the graduate college. Dr. Brown practiced clinical psychology under his supervisor, mentor, and renowned psychoanalyst Dr. William Greer. After reaching the highest academic rank attainable at the university level, Dr. Brown suspended his clinical practice work to focus on facilitating highly sought-after master classes around the world. Dr. Adolph Brown continues to be a business, community and educational leader whilst being a generous philanthropist and a continuous learner. Bringing People Together to Learn, Laugh & Lead has become his life’s work.
View Dr. Adolph Brown as a Top Virtual Keynote Speaker ABOVE
"Impact & Inspiration" -Johnathan Beasley