- About Doc CV/Bio
- Keynotes & Breakouts
- Corp. & EDU Consulting
- Customer Care Team™
- Employee Morale, Teambuilding & Attitude Excellence
- Embracing Equity & Diversity
- School Improvement Partners™
- Culturally Responsive Positive Behavior Supports (PBS)
- Faith Community Talks
- AVID College Readiness & Career Prep CHARACTER U™
- Student Motivational Programs™
- Real World Parenting Education™
- The Minority Student Achievement Team (MSAT)™
- Community College CARES™ Program
- Early Childhood Professional Development
- Doc & The Y
- Alternative Education Partners™
- Bully Prevention/Anti Bullying Programs
- Service Learning/Civic Engagement
- Customize Your Consultation/Presentation
- Leadership & Learning Inst.
- Online Store
- Presentation Demo Videos
- Meeting Planning
- Fan Club
- Request Doc NOW!
Doc & The YMCA...A Relevant, Fun & Inspiring Christian Keynote Speaker for Y Events
Doc & The Y
Doc and the YMCA go way back. It was here that young Doc gained an appreciation for the mind, body and spirit connection. He also gained positive and enriching life experiences that have forever changed him. The field trips were the most memorable; Doc only lived a few miles from the oceanfront and though his mother and aunt both worked as maids on the ocean strip, he had never seen the ocean. The YMCA was a source of exposure for Doc as he began to see things outside of, around and beyond his inner – city project community. It was at the Y where he would eat meals during the summer months when school was closed. It was also at the Y where Doc learned how to appropriately dress for swimming, how to “purposely” sleep outdoors via “tent camping” and how it felt to be part of something bigger. The programs and opportunities provided for young Doc will never be forgotten. He vividly remembers the positive camp leaders who tirelessly shared their time and talents with him. From them, he learned 21st Century soft skills.
As a tribute to the quality programming the YMCA offered young Doc, today he is in a position to share his awesome life experiences and educational/psychological theories to inspire others to keep the proud history alive as a YMCA conference keynote speaker. His family also contributes to Membership Fee Assistance to help make a healthy lifestyle accessible to people regardless of their age, race, ability or financial capacity. Many believe as Charles Caleb Cotton that “Imitation is the highest form of flattery.” Doc also believes this and as a direct tribute to the great lessons he learned at the YMCA, he and his wife opened a small 24-Hour Fitness & Wellness Club two blocks from Doc’s childhood projects. Serving within the community is a lesson he learned by THE Y.